Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's like it's Christmas Eve... oh wait!

Christmas Eve is filled with so much anticipation! It's the last chance to get everything done before "the day."

We spent our Christmas Eve hours running around to prepare for this weekend. Momma made a FABULOUS dinner of chicken breast with goat cheese and sun-dried tomato, paired with roasted carrots and parsnips on the side.
Can we please say YUM-O?! Way to go Momma!

Santa comes tonight! I'm a 21-year-old who still believes. As my parents have always said, "If you stop believing, he stops coming." I will believe forever and ever!

Some things have changed since childhood Christmases though. I now set an alarm to wake up on Christmas morning. While I love unwrapping my presents, my body and mind seem to enjoy sleep a bit more. If I don't set an alarm, who knows how long I'd sleep. Some things have remained the same though. For instance: I'm not allowed to walk downstairs until my parents are "ready." Unfortunately, this usually means the video camera is on. Don't they know that I set an alarm to simply wake up?! I don't think about brushing my hair or putting my contacts in! Oy-vey.

It's no secret I love Christmas time, but I do have a secret confession... I do not particularly love Christmas day. Now hang on, wait for the explanation... Christmas day means that the decorations, festivities, music, yummy treats, and all of the "Christmas" cheer must come to an end.

Luckily, our extended family Christmas celebration is on Saturday. At least that way Christmas will continue on for an extra day.

Okay, time to hit the sack so that Santa can come!! xoxo, E

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment