Thursday, February 26, 2009

One Hour and Forty-Two Minutes

Depending on who you ask, "TIME" can mean a smorgasbord of things... Time is memories; time is valuable; time is fleeting; time drags on; time is money... Well tonight, I lost money, but I gained time...

My 8 p.m.-2 a.m. shift at J.Crew became my 8 p.m.-12:18 a.m. shift at J.Crew. I was released from work 1 hour and 42 minutes early! That's $12.75 I lost, but tonight, I'd rather have the time. It's amazing how your outlook can change when someone gives you the gift of time. 

For instance, I was pondering "How in the world will I be prepared for my Principles of Management and Organization midterm tomorrow?! I get off work at 2 a.m. and need to be up by 8 a.m. to get to class... When will I study?!" With my gift of time, I am home 1 hour and 42 minutes earlier than expected... I now have time to study. 

So you may ask, "If you are so excited about studying, why are you wasting your precious hour and forty-two minutes updating your blog?" My answer is this, "My extra time tonight was a gift that I wanted to share with you." However... I am a conscientious student (whose parents read this blog, LOL). So, it's time to sign off and study for that midterm and hopefully get a few extra winks of sleep. 

How will you spend your gifts of time?
-E 

No comments:

Post a Comment