Friday, October 16, 2009

Are you kidding?

Electricity... it's a wonderful thing.
It's something we take for granted until it is taken away.

The residents of our building got an email a couple days ago that read, "Attention, the electricity will be out Friday from 9-5. Please plan accordingly." I'm sorry... Are you kidding?! Not only is today the last day of school before Fall Break (could this not wait until then?), but tonight is the night of the two Choreography Shows. I'm not sure if you know this, but electricity is VITAL to last minute midterm studying, preparations to go home, and getting ready for a show (curling irons anyone?)

Well, last night I stayed up pretty late doing my laundry so that it wouldn't sit undone until Wednesday of next week. It didn't get folded, but hey, I can fold it in the dark... wah wah. I haven't packed yet, but I figure I can also do that in the dark. The roomie and I are having a lunch date today so that will take up some of our "no-power hour" time. And I dragged (is that right? drug?) myself out of bed this morning so that I could shower and dry my hair before the electricity takes a mini-vacation.

When it boils down to it, I go home in less than 24 hours so I could really care less about this electricity fiasco. But it makes for an interesting blog post :) Eh, maybe "interesting" is a stretch!
Happy Friday! xoxo, E

1 comment:

  1. Momma and I have paid ALLLLL that money and YOU don't know if it is "dragged" or "drug"??!!!!!!!

    It is one thing to not know. But it shows a real lack of, shall we say, common sense, to admit it in print where Pappas can see it and comment about how much money he has spent for his daughter to NOT know the difference!!

    You can appease the situation by coming home this weekend! LOL.

    Less than 24 hours. Oh no, did I say "24"?

    ReplyDelete