Thursday, September 2, 2010

do-over

My momma is way cooler than I am. Papas makes sure we always have the latest technology, but Momma makes sure we have the latest games.

Her most recent suggestion is angry birds. It's quite a fun game and I've shared it with some friends as well. The point of the game is to fire off birds from a slingshot and try to blow up the little green pigs (shown below).



I'd be lying if I said I didn't become an angry bird myself at times. Certain levels are so crazy frustrating (I think I spent 30 minutes trying to get past one of them... embarrassing).

Whenever I can tell that the attempt at the level is futile, I pause and reload the level.


I got to thinking, wouldn't it be nice if life had a pause and restart button? Especially when you're in a situation and see that it's not playing out quite like you'd like. Although, sometimes the results of these "no bueno" moments can bring true joy and opportunities that might have been missed otherwise.

Yes, I did just come up with an "after-school special"-esque lesson because of an iPhone game.

3 classes stand between me and the best 3-day (might as well be 4-day - only 1 class tomorrow morning) weekend!!

xoxo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment