Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ha. Ha. Ha. No, but really, gotta laugh.

This is going to be such a random, hodge podge of a post... but I hope it'll remain in the parameters of what's appropriate, lol.

Well, to start with something uber-fun. Kell is working on her senior capstone piece - as a dance performance major that involves choreographing, casting, costuming, and putting together a 2 1/2 minute piece to be performed in the Senior Choreography show (the best of the year in my opinion)

Well, I've been moonlighting as her costumer... hemming the dresses and had the MOST fun the other night rhinestoning. Pretty sure I surprised her with my skill =) Especially since I was a total novice!





The super excited, little miss choreographer!!


Bragging moment - look how adorable my cousin is! I love, love, love baseball and wanted to take this opportunity to show off his mad skills!


On to the part of the post that could potentially be a downer and over-share. I had an appointment at the dermatologist today which always brings me a great deal of anxiety. After the doctor removed three questionable spots, I treated myself with a trip to Target.

While strolling the aisles, I discovered a Jane Austen movie I had never seen (for only $7) and because of my lovely friend, BLC, I learned that my FAVORITE author, Sophie Kinsella, had released her latest book.

Needless to say, I didn't adhere to my vow to stop shopping today. And yes, I recognize the irony that I splurged on a book called "Mini Shopaholic." LOL.

I have my ups and downs (too many blue moments) while waiting for the pathology reports from the doctor. Momma and Papas always encourage me that things will be okay and try not to stress, but sometimes I just can't help it. I told the doctor today about the way my stress manifests after these kinds of appointments and she said that I need to always prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

I always read too much into these situations. Last time I got the "cancer phone call" I was heading to Dallas to meet Momma for a girls weekend. It was a total blessing because I had her full attention all weekend while I tried to digest the news... Fast forward to today, I immediately started to panic today because Papas is coming to visit this weekend and my first thought was "maybe God is making sure I'll have that same support this weekend should I get another phone call like that." I. Think. I'm. Crazy. LOL

In one of my blue moments today, Papas called on his way to get his hair cut. We talked about my appointment a bit, and I told him that one of the spots is on my neck. I told him that I'm sure it's going to look like I'm trying to cover up a hickie... to which he replied, "ahhh. so that's why you're telling me about it now. that way I won't ask you about it this weekend when I come to visit." "Oh yea dad, you know. I figure if I blame it on the cancer then people will think 'oh, sensitive subject. shouldn't ask.'" Haha. It might be a bit extreme to joke about my cancer past and the potential for the future, but sometimes, you just gotta laugh.

Debbie Downer - party of one!

Hopefully my next post will be a bit cheerier! xoxo, E

2 comments:

  1. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7.

    Remember, God is God and He is Faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth I completely understand the anxieties you are suffering with this. I have all this medical drama with Mitochondrial disease and now I got skin cancer--the irony being that I am as pale as the Cullen Clan from Twilight. Sometimes things just happen, but I just put my faith and trust in God to bring me peace and allow me to whatever accept what is going to happen with me medically. I hope you find some peace and can get over these anxieties because they are definitely no help.--Leslie

    ReplyDelete