It's late, but it's here...
The Top 10 things that I'll remember from this week...
1. Because Papas is a pilot, Mommacita was able to fly to OKC in time for my surgery. Within 2 hours of finding out my surgery had been moved up 2 days, she was at the airport.
2. I had surgery to remove 1 spot of melanoma and another spot that was questionable. Both were surgically removed as if they were melanoma.
3. In prep for my surgery, I had five shots of numbing medicine in my arm and three shots in my chest.
4. I reenacted the "Charlie bit me" video while on the operating table... complete with the British accent. I wish I could blame it on laughing gas or Valium, but sadly, it was just me being me :)
5. I had some great visitors... who I blame for the weight I put on this week...
Mere gave me a care package of Twix, Reese, Double Mint Gum, and magazines
Roomie brought me a City Bites Soonerdoodle cookie
Kendra brought me 2 cupcakes from Ruth's
Marty brought me cookies from Ruth's
(as well as a book... food for the mind!)
Danielle brought a red velvet cuppie from Saturn Grill
Marcus, Jeff, Lyonel, and Zach came to visit as well.
6. I came up with a great system for sleeping on my back
7. Momma and I got a record number of phone calls/text messages from friends checking in on me
8. I've watched 6 movies from Blockbuster w/ Momma:
The Invention of Lying
The Time Traveler's Wife
The Hurt Locker (we still have to watch this one)
Tomorrow we're going to see: Valentine's Day and When In Rome
9. I'm incredibly pleased with my incisions so far
10. I realized I might actually be a "runner." I miss my training SO much and hope I can be back running again after my stitches are out in a week and a half. Eek!!!
Thank you all for your comments and prayers! xoxo, E