The Top 10 things I love about being a blogger:
1. I was reconnected (and able to stay in touch) with two childhood friends: The Company She Keeps and Polka Dots and Protein Bars
2. I was introduced to Kate and her adorable Flapperdoodle drawings.
It's no secret that I just love them. In fact, she's working on another custom piece for me. The theme of the project is a secret for now, but don't worry, I'll share it with you once it's done!!!
3. I have formed friendships with people I do not even know! Who would have thought that I would have "strangers" praying for me and sending me well wishes?! It has been such a blessing.
4. I have learned so much about interior design, men's fashion (Nicolas, that's your blog, lol), cooking, and...
5. ... missions in Africa. I made this a separate one because it is heavy on my heart right now. I'm not sure if I shared this with you all yet or not... Over our recent snow days, I spent a great deal of time reading Katie's blog. I started from day one and read through all of her posts.
I was so moved and drawn to read other blogs about various missions in Africa. The list also includes:
(check out whose name appears in this post. I'm so excited to wear my new shirt when I go to Africa!!)
**I have a favor to ask of you my dear readers... Please check out this page on Kari's blog. They are in the process of raising funds to adopt their second child from Ethiopia. We exchanged a few emails last night and they need to sell 1,000 shirts to move forward in the process. I just love the shirts and ordered this one...
I love the tiffany blue color!
This is the back of the men's shirt. Love it.
I hope some of you will order a shirt and support Kari and her family. I'm definitely not in a position to help an orphan in a big way, but I like to think I'm making a difference in the life of Kari's future daughter!
Ok, back to the list...
6. I love having an online journal. I love to write down my feelings, stories, and share whatever I'm obsessed with at the moment. However, I stink at written journals because I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to my handwriting.
7. I get to share my creativity... which leads me to expressing the desire that I have to make my blog a bit snazzier. So many of my bloggy friends have adorable, customized blogs. I think I want to do this as well. Do any of you have designers that you recommend?
8. Sharing with you makes me happy. When I take the time to share stories or feelings with you, I have the opportunity to analyze how I feel or relive the funny moments.
9. I get my daily fix of cupcakes without all the calories via Cupcakes Take the Cake
10. I got infected with bloggy fever because of my friend Kelsey. And I've passed along the fever... a few of my friends have started their own blogs as well!
Happy Friday to you all! Don't forget to check out Kari's shirts!!
p.s. I turn 22 in exactly 2 months!! Eek!!