How is that title for alliteration?
But seriously, I feel like my mind is spinning in a million and a half directions.
1. I'm wondering why in the world I decided it was a good idea to run my first half marathon. It is HARD!
2. I feel so torn between what I need to do and what I really want to do. Seriously, the pull towards what I want is so strong right now that I don't even know how to move forward. (I apologize for being so vague and emo there)
3. I am in love with Taylor Swift at this moment. What is it about feeling "perfectly fine" that makes us wish for a few bumps in the road?
"But I miss screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain. It's 2am and I'm cursing your name. You're so in love that you act insane, and that's the way I love you. It's a roller coaster kinda rush. And I never knew I could feel that much, And that's the way I loved you."
4. We learned all about lent at church on Sunday. I honestly knew very little about these 40 days leading up to Easter. All I knew is that my friends gave up video games, Facebook, cussing (I find this one a bit interesting, but whatever), etc. However, Jason taught us that there are 3 aspects of lent: becoming more intimate with God, recognizing where we are saying no to God and yes to Self, and finally increasing faith.
After the sermon, I made the choice to give up dessert. I felt like this was something that would be (very) difficult for me and something that I would really need to find strength in God to continue. Man oh man. Have the last 3 days been unreal. I have honestly had a pretty easy time avoiding temptation, but my relationship with God has changed SO much. I have woken up randomly around 5am the past two nights (I am NOT a morning person) and felt called to prayer. After falling back asleep for a bit, I feel so refreshed when I wake. I just know that God has some amazing plans for me in these 40 days. I can't wait :)
5. After talking with a friend, we realized that there is so much to do for a project in one of our classes that it's easier to just avoid it all together. Bad idea? Heck to the yes! Haha
Get excited, tomorrow is a very special "top 10" list. I think you'll really enjoy it!
Ready for day 4 of getting to know God! xoxo, E