Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm not a gambler...

I've been to Vegas...
gambled once...
lost money...

hated it...

Today, I lose my last bargaining chip. Today, I say "So long stitches!!"

I have had a great sense of humor about my melanoma diagnosis... post surgery that is. I was laying in bed the day after my surgery and asked Momma to get something for me. After giving me the Momma look, I said, "But Moooooommmmmmmma, I just had surgery for cancer!" This was followed by a giggle from me and a "milk it while you can!" from Momma.

Fast forward a few days: Marcus and I were discussing what movie to see on Free Movie Night. I didn't want to go, but told him that I would go if we could get sushi first. He started to argue, but I looked at him and said, "You do know that I just had surgery for cancer, right?" Hehe.
(for those of you that might be questioning my joking attitude about the situation, just think of it as a coping mechanism? LOL. Plus, by this point, I knew the doctor got all the cancer and it was no longer a presence in my body)

Ok, fast forward a bit more: Marcus and I are leaving for Free Movie Night and he talked me (well, more like dragged me kicking and screaming) into seeing "Dear John." We ran into a couple of guy friends on the way and they asked what we were going to see. I told them that Marcus was making me go see "Dear John." After we got in the car, M looks at me and says "Well thanks for throwing me under the bus! You are so lucky you just had cancer, otherwise I'd be really mad!" I'm not sure I've laughed that hard in a while. I loved it!

So, today is the last day for me to pull out the line, "But I just had surgery for cancer! The stitches haven't even been removed." Oh well! On to bigger and BETTER things!!

So long stitches!!
xoxo, E

1 comment: