Sunday, July 11, 2010

Consignment PURCHASES

Yesterday was incredibly productive. Well, for me, it's still "today." I'm about to head to bed, but technically it's Sunday.

I finished a couple really cute Belle of the Wall pieces, but need some natural light to snap cute pics. I'll post soon!

Papas bought me these bedside tables on Friday... LOVE.
We got them at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore (the ReStore "accepts donations of new and gently used items from individuals and businesses in the community, and sells those items to the public at a reduced cost, usually 50-70 percent of the original retail value. All proceeds go toward building Habitat homes with the local Habitat affiliate.") It's shopping that makes you feel good!!

I also got this desk... excited to get painting! I think I'm going to go with a charcoal gray!


The best part of today was picking up my chair after it was reupholstered!!
This is what it looked like when I bought it at the consignment store:


And this is what it looks like now!!!

Mommacita and I are driving to Nanny's today to look at an antique trunk and side tables that she has in her basement. I love "free" furniture, especially when the trunk belonged to my great, great grandmother and the side tables were originally in my grandfather's homestead. SO excited!

Better head to bed! Night! xoxo, E

2 comments:

  1. Great finds E! Maybe I'll get to see them in this future apartment of yours? ;) I also love the Habitat Restore. My uncle actually owns one in KC so I'm very familiar with them and glad you were able to find some neat things there! :) I also REALLY REALLY REALLY L-O-V-E your new chair! So neat!!! It cleaned up quite nicely! :)

    Hope you're having a great weekend!!! Can't wait to see you again soon!!! P.S. I move back into the dorms on tomorrow so... if you get bored and want to start our daily FB chats, I'm ok with that! ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete