Monday, July 5, 2010

Holiday Weekend

Whew, Friday seems like such a long time ago.
It's be a great, long, holiday weekend.

First thing I thought this morning when I woke up was, "I don't want to go back to work tomorrow... annnnd I don't want to go back to OKC in a month.
Do you ever have days when you just don't want to go back to responsibilities? We know I love my internship, and I do actually love being in OKC. Just one of those days =)

On Friday, we drove up to Winston Salem for Uncle Gene's funeral. The pastor did an amazing job. Following the service, the casket was wheeled to the gravesite and we followed behind on foot. I've never experienced anything like that before. Usually we drive to the site. Once we reached the site, there was a live band playing hymns. This was such a "neat" experience.
The last time I met Uncle Gene was when I was little. All I remember of him is the many stories I've heard about him making this rocking chair.

Obviously, this pic was taken mannnnny years ago =)

On Saturday I bought the chair that I posted about here and Mommacita and I got the ball rolling to get it reupholstered. The chair should be ready on Saturday. I can't wait to show you all the finished product! We went to a 4th of July cookout Saturday night as well. So much fun with friends!

Yesterday was pretty low key. It was a beautiful day in the QC. Take a peek at Mommacita's tomato plant!! Get a load of them apples... well, maters.

Hanging out on the patio, grilling london broil, waiting for the sweet potatoes to roast. Ahhh, perfection.

Yummy, yummy lunch.

Hoping to head over to Sleepy Poet today to pick up the white table with drawers that I've had my eye on. Also, working on some new Belle of the Wall pieces. Have a great Monday off! xoxo, E

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle Gene!!! Wishing you peace. And, that little picture of you is TOO cute!!!!!! Xoxo-BLC

    ReplyDelete