Thursday, May 21, 2009

A busy, busy day

"So I will dance with Cinderella, while she is here in my arms." My head pops off the pillow as I hear the familiar song that is my alarm on my phone. The bright screen makes my face scrunch and I am tempted to place my head back on my fluffy pillow as I read the time: 5:45 am... But no, it is time to get up. Today I made the trek (it's actually an enjoyable drive) to the HOBY office in Westlake Village. 

I was dressed and out the door by 6:50 am and met very little traffic on the 405 and the 101 (thank you Lord!) I got to the office around 8 am and stayed until 2 pm. I got a lot of work done today: I received updated information and enthusiastic responses from HOBY Alumni (even as "old" as an alum from 1987), and I spent a lot of time gathering contact information for over 100 organizations that have supported HOBY in the past.

Oh and BIG news... I tried sushi for the first time today (it was also my first time trying tuna)!! Solange is such a great boss and she is expanding my horizons :) I tried 2 kinds of spicy tuna and a tuna roll. The roll was def my favorite, and I almost bought a spicy shrimp and avocado roll today at the grocery... but I decided to wait... LOL... baby steps people!


I have to include this pic because it made sitting in horrible traffic worth it yesterday... BURN NOTICE is back June 4th!!! Woo hoo!!! I could look at that face all day long!! :)


As usual, I'm exhausted so I'll be heading to bed soon! Night! 
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment