Sunday, May 17, 2009

Running here, running there, running running everywhere

Well today was a crazy, hectic, fabulous day in Cali. My body is still adjusting to the time change, which works well for me. I woke up at 6:30 am bright eyed and bushy tailed. On a normal Saturday I would have grumbled and made an attempt to fall back asleep. However, it was a crazy busy day in the Newton home. 

I took my car to the Land Rover dealership today... again (some of you know how many times I've taken it in to the shop in the last 3 weeks... grumble, grumble, grumble) If I didn't love "Betty" so much I'd cash her in and buy a Vespa. But I can happily report (knock on wood) that the squeak is gone!!! I so appreciate the guys at the South Bay Land Rover. This squeak has persisted for the past 3 weeks and after a few belt/pulley/tensioner replacements and adjustments, she is quiet as a mouse... now let's keep it that way!!

After I dropped Betty off, we sped off to Caroline's soccer game. It's so fun to watch her play and interact with her friends that I have come to know over the past week. Unfortunately, the pink team did not defeat the red team, but they made a solid effort. We then dashed over to Sallie's game which was followed by a pizza party. William had a baseball game today as well. I don't know how Billy and Steph juggle all of their activities, but I was happy to be shuttled around. 
When we got back from the games, I was exhausted (and sun burned... YES Momma, I put on sunscreen!!!). I took two, that's right TWO naps. The first one was for a quick hour. I went downstairs and the boys were passed out on the couch so I decided to go back to sleep. I slept for another hour or so, then decided it was time to be productive. I jetted off to the gym, which was DEAD. I've found the secret to beating the crowds at the gym... go on a Saturday night... no one is there!! Clearly, I missed out on the LA night life this weekend, but I had a blast with the fam... and there will be plenty of time to take in all the excitement the rest of the summer :) Night!
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment