Monday, June 22, 2009

Hat Couture

The Royal Ascot 2009 was featured in the Charlotte Observer this week. Not much was said about the race; the emphasis was on the hats worn by the attendees. There is a very strict dress code for the Royal Ascot, and the website provides pictures of "Dos" and "Don'ts." I have to share some of these pictures with you. I am all about big hair and big hats, but do some of these go too far? You be the judge...
First up, the ones that I would totally wear...



And now for a couple "what was she thinking?!"


seriously, this girl has strawberries and a spoon on her hat!!

I have this dream to go to the Kentucky Derby one day so that I can wear a cute dress and a fabulous hat. 
Have a splendid day!! -E

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh! First, I looove that you read the CLT observer. I do too! Especially the wedding section, engagements, and love stories (super mushie, eh!?). And, those hats are divine! You'll make it to the Derby, hat and all! Xoxo-BLC

    ReplyDelete