Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Poor, poor Betty... she is NOT a California girl...

My poor sweet Betty has had a rough summer in California. As mentioned in a previous post, she had a squeaking problem. Then a service engine light that felt the need to keep on illuminating. As I left work yesterday I checked my mirrors for oncoming traffic before pulling out onto the street. Wait, why do I not see anything on my drivers side? Oh, hmm... my mirror is GONE! I have no idea what actually happened, but the mirror was gone... there was no mirror corpse :( Nate, from Land Rover, and I are now on a first name basis. Actually, all of the guys laugh when they see me walk in now, "Back again?!" Oh yes... the joys... but I'm grateful for Betty... please don't mistake my frustration with a lack of appreciation. 

I woke up at 3:40am to work the inventory at Anthropologie at 5am. After only two-and-a-half hours we were finished! At about 8:20am, my brother comes running in the house and says "Your car has a ticket!" "What?! The streets get cleaned on Wednesdays!! That's not until tomorrow!!" You know what I'm about to say... today is Wednesday... Luckily, I have a great big brover (lol) who offered to pay the ticket for me... he's a keeper!

I spent the rest of the day enjoying the California weather. I went on a long walk and happened by the park where the kiddos were celebrating the last day of school! 

Sallie begged me to walk around the block with her so she could ride her bike. Being the "cool aunt" that I am :) I said YES!

After my walk, May and I sat outside and read for a bit. 

Then, while babysitting, the kiddos asked if we could go for a walk so they could ride their scooters. Again, "Cool Aunt Liz" said "of course!!!" I'm going to miss them so much when they go to the East Coast for 6 weeks!

I must mention this as well, I saw the most unusual gerber daisy (maybe?) today at Ralph's. 

Also, some beautiful hot pink peonies. They are clawing their way to the  front of my "favorite flowers" list.

Happy WEDNESDAY... that's right, it's WEDNESDAY in case you were wondering!! -E

No comments:

Post a Comment