Saturday, September 26, 2009

Friday Night Lights

Yesterday was a crazy day!!
My team and I labeled 500 packages of Lifesaver gummies and 500 Blowpops to prepare for our fundraiser's Awareness Week to benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

After we finished, it was time to prepare for Oozeball... this involved shoveling a ton of mud to evenly cover the volleyball court. Lesson learned: I am not good at shoveling... in fact, I'm quite awful.

After dinner, I drove out to Moore with a friend to go to his high school's football game. We made the trip after he resolved that it was time for me to learn all about football. I have to admit, it was awesome.

It's a really interesting game when you understand the rules, and the crowd around us was SO entertaining! I even made a new friend! The little boy next to us was jumping from one bleacher to the next; when it started to rain, his dad told him to stop because he might slip and fall. He walked in front of us and looked like he was about to slip... I reached out to catch him and said, "Careful!" He then walked a couple more steps, looked at me, and pretended to slip again. He was such a smart, little stud!! He charmed me with his smile! :)

It was a really exciting game and Josh's high school team won in overtime!! Although, as we left the game, we both talked about how weird it was to be back in a high school environment. It was so funny to watch the innocent flirting, and the teenagers standing around... clearly not wanting to go home. Look out, I liked a football game! I'm becoming an Okie!!

Today, Ellen and I are going to the State Fair (my first one), and then we're seeing the roomie in "Children of Eden" tonight!! Happy Saturday!! xoxo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment