Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm proud to be an American

"I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me."

It's hard to believe that 8 years have passed since the tragedy of 9/11. I remember the months following the event; almost every car had an American flag hanging from the car window.
The American pride was undeniable.

In the years since, I believe the feeling of American Pride has been diluted in the lives of many. However, I am grateful for days like today when people remember previous events and that passion within them is "spiced up" a bit.

Because we live in America: we have the opportunity to agree/disagree with our leadership; we are free to work in whatever field we want; we can advance in society; we can speak freely; we have justice; we have the opportunity to CHOOSE.

I am so grateful for those that fight both here and abroad for my freedom. Also, I am so blessed to have so much love in my life.
Be proud today! We are Americans!
xoxo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment