Sunday, March 1, 2009

I wish I could be...

As I explore people's blogs each day (and even multiple times a day) I find beautiful pieces of artwork, craft ideas, and general decorating decadence. It makes me wish I could be more sophisticated in my style :) Okay, well, I realize I'm 20 years old and live on a college campus... sophisticated chic doesn't really fit the bill. But as I think about joining the "real world" soon, I think about what I want my home to be like. 

I grew up in a home that was filled with bright colors, and the blinds were always open to let the sun shine in. I am a "light girl." My daddy would always follow behind me and say, "Why are there lights on in three rooms and you are not in any of them?!" What can I say, I love bright rooms. I get that from my Momma though. She will visit me at school and open all the blinds and turn on all of the lamps. :) So, when I find rooms that scream color I think "That's my kind of room!" However, I then find these luxurious rooms with patterns that don't seem to match and I think "Ooooooh! I want that to be my kind of room!"

I'm the same way when it comes to art. As you know from a previous post, I attended my first gallery opening a couple weeks ago and I went in with the idea "I really want to become an art person! I want to like this art!" Turns out, I didn't have to try hard :) I did like it. Last night at work, it had been a rough day, so the four of us girls were chatting after the store closed and my manager mentioned that she loves to paint. My immediate thought, "I want her to paint something for me! But WHAT?" I want something cool and artistic but something that fits my personality (not cool or artistic, lol). I'm still trying to figure it out. I received my first "real" piece of artwork last year. It's a painting of my puppy and kitty. They both passed away within the last 4 years and my parents had the painting done for me. It's GORGEOUS and it made me want to have other artwork on my walls. 
Today's blog post had a strong artistic theme, that was not the plan, but it worked out that way :) Happy Sunday!!
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment