Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm Gonna Do It...

It's no secret... I am an organizational freak :) I love anything that keeps me organized (post-its in every size, notebooks both 3-ring and spiral, a variety of pens, my Franklin Covey calendar, my iPhone calendar, labels, divider tabs, oh man the list goes on and on), and I love BEING organized. I have to tell this story real quick. When I was younger and home sick from school my Daddy would take me to Office Max and buy me new pens to make me feel better. Yes, I am a dork :) But back to my organizational habits... I currently have an inventory of all of the "kitchen tools" that I have for my future apartment/home. This may require some explanation...

I L-O-V-E the day after Christmas Crate and Barrel sale! It is a serious EVENT, and it has become a tradition for Momma and I to get up early and stand in line... oh boy, the damage we do... well really, the damage I do... I don't even have a real kitchen yet and I already have so many of the "tools!" In preparation for last year's sale, I decided to go through everything I had purchased and create an inventory of what I had (to keep from duplicating items)... I took pictures of everything and put together an inventory that is organized by genre (measuring tools, bakeware, cookware, by season, by color, cookbooks, etc.). It's a bit intense... 

But anyway, back to the point... I was surfing A CUP OF JO and found this piece of art by Simon Evans. And I made the decision... this is the year... I'm gonna do it... When I pack up my school apartment in late April/early May, I am going to take an inventory of my shoes and clothing. Oh man, I'm exhausted just thinking about it. But it is TIME! I need to know what I have, and get rid of the stuff I do not wear! (Proud Momma?) I'm kind of excited about it... I should probably start now... and stop shopping... HAHA, fat chance of that happening... I do work at J.Crew :)
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment