Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My life is a crazy world... "Show Week" begins...

For those of you that don't know... "show week" is a week from, well um, the devil... okay, so it's not really that bad. Friday began "blocking weekend," a time for dancers to get their thirty minutes on the stage to make sure their dances look perfect. It is a loooong weekend of craziness. My shifts were Friday 7-10:30, Saturday 9:30-4, and Sunday 9-2. Not terrible... but, thank goodness I didn't have any homework I needed to work on! 

Monday was the first night of "tech," a time to get all of the lighting and sound cues set. I had to be at the theatre at 4pm and we did not start the run of the show until 8pm. Surprisingly, the run of the first act only took 2 hours start-to-finish. ASTOUNDING! This has never happened before. I am on sound crew, so my night was filled with pushing "play" (difficult I know) and helping the Dean make adjustments to improve the sound quality. I love my job! However, it can be a little bit stressful, and it's labor intensive. My sound-partner and I had to set up 4 huge speakers, 5 tap-mics, and set up/break down the rehearsal system for the dancers to rehearse 30 seconds of a piece. whew... I'm tired...

Today will be a repeat of yesterday, except we will run Act 2. Let's hope and pray for smooth sailing tonight as well. It'll be another crazy day of classes and working in the theatre. Sleep? Who needs it!! :) 
-E
p.s. can we please talk about how much blog-surfing I missed out on yesterday! ::tear::

No comments:

Post a Comment