Sunday, March 8, 2009

Well, that's an hour I'll never get back...

"Well, that's an hour of my life I'll never get back." People usually say something like that after a meeting where nothing was accomplished or they feel the time spent was not worth the effort. We all lost an hour of our lives last night and it was completely out of our control...

Daylight savings... In today's economy, saving is always good right? Well, in my opinion, it is not a good thing when it causes me to LOSE an hour of precious shut-eye. Last night I was so physically exhausted, I did not think I had the energy to walk to the other end of the building and down a flight of stairs to do laundry. But, it was the only time this week I had free-time to do this dreaded weekly task... As I hiked my polka-dot laundry hamper onto my shoulder and began the trek down the hall, a memory flashed through my mind... 

When I was in elementary school, my best friend Erin and I would ride our bikes through our neighborhood to a new subdivision. There was a show house for prospective clients to walk through, and Erin and I would mosey in and explore. (Thinking back, we were probably those kids that the realtors felt the need to "keep their eye on"). We would march up the stairs to the master bedroom and head straight for our favorite element of the house... the laundry shoot. I always wanted a laundry shoot, and we would pretend we lived there. 

And now, how the story relates... because of my utter exhaustion last night, I began to wish, once again, that I had a laundry shoot. But alas, no shoot exists in my building. Never fear, I made it to the laundry room and back and tried desperately to keep my eyes open until my laundry was Tide and Downy fresh. Spring break is so soon! I'm looking forward to doing laundry (well, helping Momma do laundry) at home :)

How do you feel about Daylight Savings?!

No comments:

Post a Comment