Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My heart is in D.C.


I am dying to go to Washington, D.C. I have been fortunate enough to visit twice in my life: First, on our 8th grade trip. Second, for a 10-day youth leadership conference (HOBY, check it out) after my sophomore year of high school. I made some of my best friends that summer and it holds such a special place in my heart.

A couple of OCU friends went to D.C. over spring break and uploaded pictures to Facebook. After I looked through the album I felt a strong desire to go to Washington. I love it!! I really want to go back and walk around the city. And I must admit, I want to go to the sites from the movie National Treasure, like the Library of Congress (I'm such a dork!) Side Note: I almost died when we saw Trinity Church in NYC. If you haven't seen the movie, you MUST check it out!! 

I never though I'd want to live in D.C., but as I think about the many directions my life could take, D.C. is moving up on the list as an option :) How's that Mom and Dad? It's on the east coast!! I don't know when I can visit D.C. any time soon but thank goodness for beautiful pics like these... I can pretend I'm there :) Where do you like to pretend you are?
-E

1 comment:

  1. You know you have a place to stay if you visit.

    Uncle Willie

    ReplyDelete